A Different perspective

Filed Under Fridays Finding Beauty | 27 comments

I’ve never been able to wrap my brain around how an enormous metal tube can “fly” … with people AND their luggage…

In science classes I had a difficult time keeping a paper airplane aloft.  (btw– visit SKYWATCH for some awesome sky shots) oh and Mary at Little Red House

None the less, there in a huge metal tube, along with my luggage (that I had to pay $25.00 extra to check— this will be another topic of conversation)

I sat looking out the window this past week.  The clouds were fluffy and fast changing.  It is such a different perspective about our world from up there.

I had never been to Portland and went there for a workshop.

I learned tons!

Mostly I learned that I have a lot to learn.

I arrived late in the evening—I had reserved a mid sized car but this  big Guy was all that was available — the Rental girl called it her “Mafia” car!  (lucky for me there was no dead body in the trunk.)

One of the BEST items I rented was the Garmin!  This little gem helped me get around Portland with not one twinge of worry.

The weather and scenery was perfecto!

This bridge was just out the door of my hotel.

I had one suggestion to go to the Pearl District– but the Garmin couldn’t find it with me just typing in those words,  so I just took a ride up and down some very cool streets.  I came upon a street that had some interior design stores and cafes, I parked and started walking.

To mark my car I looked at the street sign… :)   Wow… another perfect example of how the Universe has always got a way of giving you what you put out there.

Cafe’s were on every street corner… I couldn’t help but notice a very busy one with smiling happy patrons!  Smiles = good food and happy people.

Come to find out it was a Peruvian Restaurant– I had no idea what to order… so I told my waiter to bring me what he knew was fantastic.

Voila!  Look at what was delivered.

See that purple and yellow tower?  While I really couldn’t understand everything that was explained to me… it was something along the lines of potato salad atop some chicken salad.

That was unbelievably yummy… as well as the others.

Admittedly, I get a wee nervous venturing off by myself… but I was blessed by this new adventure.   If I push myself, I am seldom disappointed at the view I get from another perspective.

Just another way of looking at things…………………. :)

Join with us — Celebrating Beauty that is around you!

Please don’t forget to link YOUR post to us… and please leave a comment.

Tell me about something you have tried that changed your perspective?

TTFN~~ Claudia

Share and Enjoy:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Reddit
  • StumbleUpon
  • Google Buzz
  • MySpace
  • Orkut
  • Tumblr
  • Add to favorites
  • Faves
  • LinkedIn
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

September 16, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Fridays Finding Beauty | 27 comments

Comments

27 Responses to “A Different perspective”

1. Pam says:

1.  The metal tube flying: still amazing.  2. Gorgeous town….I’ve never been there.  3.  Wow..that food looked wonderful.  4. clouds…..never tire of them.  5.  hehehe…Mafia car.   It does kind of look like it.  Looks like a grand adventure.

2. Pat says:

Hi Claudia
    I’ve never been to Portland but I hope to visit it one day.  It looks beautiful!  Your dinner looked scrumptious too.  I’ve had Peruvian food before and loved it.
    ♥ Pat

3. Hanh says:

Hello Claudia,

When did you go to Portland?

4. mary says:

Claudia-  Yippe I get to link up this week! Thanks for the party!
    Hubby and I will be going to the Portland area this next spring for a Conference for American Missionary Fellowship, the ministry we are a part of.  We are excited as we have never been in this part of the country before!

bee blessed
    mary

5. Shel says:

How lovely Portland looks.What a beautiful old bridge and the food looks so scrummy. Thanks for inviting me and I wish you lots of success with Finding Beauty. Will visit all these lovely sites this weekend.
    Blessings from South Africa
    Shel

6. bj says:

I really enjoyed Portland..thanks for taking us along.
    Thanks, too, for hosting this fun meme..
    xo bj

7. Claudia,
    I love adventures like this! Pushing your self imposed boundaries and stepping outside your comfort zone is the only way to reach life’s full potential. Again I am amazed at your skill to capture the beauty of your subject in a photograph. The sky, clouds and sites of Portland … how can anyone ever doubt there is a God?
    Your Friend,
    Deborah

8. Maggie B says:

Portland is a great city, we visited there many years ago and I would to go back one day. Isn’t Garmin the best, we have Ozzy Osbourne as the “voice” on ours, there’s never a dull moment when driving with Ozzy.
    The food at the Peruvian restaurant looks very appetizing, where are you off to for your next adventure?

9. Nathalie says:

It’s my first time to join this meme. Thank you for hosting it.

The photos are so lovely. I hope to visit the place someday.

10. Karen Cox says:

Portland is  a dreamy place.  Your photography makes it look even dreamier.  I am joining you today with lots of pretty ways to add beauty to our blogs.  Happy Friday.

karen

11. Claudia,  I am glad to know that I am the  not the only one that questions how a very metal tube can fly!  I have heard Portland is wonderful and  I have always wanted to go. Looks like you had a good trip.
    Hugs, Sherry

12. ldh says:

Happy that you had such a good time!  The Peruvian meal looks so interesting!  And I really enjoyed the video :)  Loved stopping by, Claudia!

13. Myrna says:

Hi Claudia,
    Beautiful Pictures!  The bridge brings back old memories of growing up, there was a bridge very similar in Kennewick, Wa.
    I too am Amazed at how you capture ALL the Beauty.
    There is a God!
    Thank You for sharing his beauty!
    Blessings to You,
    Myrna

14. Hi claudia!

That looks like a fun visit and the food looks delish~!

15. Fabulous photos!
    Isn’t a Garmin great?  You can’t trust it 100-percent, but it has gotten me all over the place; we named ours “Merlin,” because I think he’s just a WIZARD at knowing where to go!
    Love the Mafia car.  We rented one of those in Florida; my in laws loved it.  :-)
    Cass

16. Eileen says:

Beautiful photos and post, Claudia! Looks like a wonderful trip!

17. What wonderful tour you’re giving us! Looks like you had an amazing trip!

18. [...] from Dipity Road Friday Finding Beauty party. from → Uncategorized ← Remember 32 Comments leave one [...]

19. Sue says:

Claudie,  You’re such an adventurous spirit- I love how you told the server to just bring you something….  It looked pretty darn good!  Gorgeous clouds….      I have found some amazing places by just driving around. It’s fun and who cares if you’re technically “lost.”  *grin*   What a great trip you must have had.
    hugs, Sue

20. Claudie says:

Don’t be shocked, it’s me. I’ve been MIA all week. I’m a wreck.
    LOVED the little UTUBE… stole it from you : )
    Oh I wish I could have been with you in Portland. I could have used a “girlfriend” get away after my week.
    I’m glad you ventured out, it’s always fun, but sometimes scary. You could have put a few of our “bodies” in that big A__ car.
    Happy FFB girlfriend.
    Love You
    Love Me
    xoxoxo

21. Carol says:

What a great adventure! Looks like a lot of fun!

22. Mandy says:

WOW!! what great pics, i know you have hundreds, probably thousands more to share! If looks like you had a great time in a beautiful city! I can’t wait to see more, I also can’t wait until we can get some pictures done ourselves!

23. Becky says:

Claudia…kudos to you for venturing into new territory!!! Like you I have had difficulty doing things like this and usually it turns out very well!!! Technology is wonderful isn’t it!!!
    Loved the photos!!!

24. What a marvelous adventure … beautifully shared!
    Hugs and blessings,

25. John says:

Great pictures. Technology is a great thing as someone above mentioned. Will that Garman tell you where the fish are also?

26. Fifi Flowers says:

looks like a lovely trip!

27. [...] from Dipity Road Friday Finding Beauty [...]