I arrived at Thanksgiving Point at 9:01 to view the gardens. From past experiences I knew if I didn’t get there early I would be be dodging people, so I grabbed a golf cart and off I flew. The other indulgence was turning up my Iphone with a lovely background music — my very own soundtrack.
The gardens are groomed beyond beautiful and this year Mother Nature timed this showing perfectly. Seriously I don’t recall it ever looking prettier.
My favorite quiet spot is the Secret Garden…
I am so fortunate because while i was photographing this breath taking garden, seldom did i have to wait for people to get out of my shot… yet when I left there were honestly 100s of people arriving to see the festival. What a Serendipitous day for me!! “ohhh the happy accidents” that see me follow me!
It’s been too long since I have posted to my old friend “dipityroad”, and decided today was going to be the day I changed that.
New jobs and new abodes and some life changes left me thinking I didn’t have time to post. Yet in hind sight I found that while I try not to mention too many personal things here, none the less, when I reread my blog posts at least I kept my promise to myself to notice the every day and beauty around me. When I didn’t post I found that while I am certain I noticed the beautiful I didn’t mark time.
I sat next to a run off pond, and while there wasn’t too many green grasses or leaves on these particular trees, the birds singing and the ever so soft breeze lead me to know it’s that time of rebirth again.
These beauties kept me spell bound.
Then I made my way down closer to the valley floor where warmer weathers has lead to blossoms everywhere.
This purposeful outing reminded me that the definition of serendipity is a “happy accident” — so as I went out purposefully the universe led me to spots where I found these glorious accidents.
Even this little guy who seemed to be the newest “got milk” advertisement model, paused a moment for his portrait.
Especially up close and personal.
This year has been a wild ride with Mother Nature. Back east in particular has experienced some tough days. Utah didn’t have much snow, but it was cold.
I simply love the seasons and am very grateful to live somewhere where I can experience them all.
Here’s to Spring right around the corner!!
Good Timber does not grow with ease;
The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.
J. Willard Marriott
Many of you have emailed me with concern about where I have been… thank you so much for missing me.
Give a click to the photo above and that should take you over to where I have been working for the past two months! 9 friends have been working on putting together like minds about life and capturing the moment (photography wise) I hope we will have some great inspirations and giveaways… we have only just begun. The group obviously is called Focusing On Life.
I hope you are still finding the beauty in life, that is right where you are standing.
Obviously I have not had much to say. I am running around in so many directions that the last thing I had on my mind was updating my personal blog. I appreciate those of you who have stuck by me, or written asking me if I was ok.
Im ok. Im frazzled (but then that might be my new normal)
These couple of photos are ones that I have been working on with the help of some prompts. My version of RED this year is Pink… just like me a bit faded 🙂
This particular one would not win any awards on “what is the subject.” but it is an example of fast moving water… with a bit of wonderful light reflecting and a slower shutter speed to blend the motion of the water.
Lastly — a sad note. One of my favorite editing tools is Picnik — No big flashy — bell and whistle program but it was fun when I wanted something fast and quick! (as I have long said I am a lazy editor…) BUT … Google announced that the free program will no longer be available after April and so I am whining.
Now for the lighter side. If you have had an email account for any amount of time you have surely received funny emails that made you laugh. Through the years I have kept some of the fun ones and I stumbled upon one of those the other day in trying to clean up my folders. I hope you get a laugh as I did re-reading it again! (wish I knew who wrote it, as I would love to give them comic credits!)
The Zen of Sarcasm
01. Do not walk ahead of me for I may not follow. Do not walk behind me for I may not lead. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me alone.
02. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and leaky tire.
03.It is always darkest before dawn. So if you’re going to steal your neighborʼs newspaper, that’s the time to do it.
04. Don’t be irreplaceable. If you can’t be replaced, you can’t be promoted.
05. Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.
06. Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
07. If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.
08. Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
09. If at first you don’t succeed, sky-diving is probably not for you.
10.Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
11.If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably a wise investment.
12. If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
13. Some days you’re the bug; some days you’re the windshield.
14. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
15. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket…
16. A closed mouth gathers no foot.
17. Duct tape is like ‘The Force’. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.
18.There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works.
19. Generally speaking, you aren’t learning much when your lips are moving.
20. Experience is something you don’t get until just after you need it.
21. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
22. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Enjoy your week! Thanks for stopping and remember to find the beauty… RIGHT smack dab in front of you!
Since January 1st 2010 -- I have been celebrating finding Beauty in our every day lives. Stay in the Day... be in the moment. Don't wait to live your life.
Stop and make a habit to find the Beauty and you will be amazed at how Beautiful your life is. Be thankful and remember:
"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Dyer